LIST OF IMPORTANT MOU’S
Here we are going to discuss about some Important and Recent MoUs and Agreements of India. CHECK ALL listing the MoUs and Agreements 2018
1. The Union Cabinet approved the Protocol between India and Israel and between Indian and Vietnam for avoidance of
double taxation and for prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income and on capital. 2. The Union Cabinet gave its approval for minor amendments in earlier MoU signed to facilitate implementation of Indo-
German Strategic Partnerships in Higher Education Programme.
3. India and Germany have signed around 18 agreements and memorandum of understanding (MoUs) in various sectors
which includes MoU on Solar Energy, Skill Development, Aviation Security, Disaster Management, Higher Education,
JDI in the field of Railways and in the field of manufacturing. These agreements were signed at the end of third edition
of Indo-German Inter-governmental Consultations (ICG) in New Delhi.
4. Union Cabinet approved Framework for Cooperation in Blue Economy between India and Seychelles.
5. India and Jordan have signed six Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) in various fields. i. MoU on executive programme for cultural exchange between the Jordanian and Indian governments.
ii. MoU on Communication and Information Technology to cooperate in the field of ICT and electronics fields.
iii. MoU between Jordan News Agency Petra and the Press Trust of India (PTI). iv. MoU on Maritime Transport Sector.
v. MoU between Jordan Institute of Diplomacy and Indian Foreign Service Institute (IFSI).
vi. MoU between Indian Metrological Department (IMD) and Jordan Standards and Metrology Organisation to cooperate in assessment techniques.
6. Indian, Chinese firms ink 15 MoUs worth $590 million – As many as 15 MoUs with investment potential of $590 million
have been signed between Chinese and Indian firms across various sectors, including development of industrial parks in Gujarat.
7. India and Ecuador has signed a Protocol for the establishment of the India-Ecuador Joint Economic and Trade
Committee (JETCO) to enhance bilateral trade and investment relations.
8. Malaysia proposed to invest 30 billion US dollars for urban development in India – The Construction Industry
Development Board (CIDB) of Malaysia proposed to invest 30 billion US dollars in urban development and housing
projects in India.
9. Asian Development Bank (ADB) has decided to provide 120 million dollars loan to upgrade the India-Bangladesh electricity network.
10. India, Australia agrees to deepen bilateral Defence Partnership. 11. India, Indonesia sign pact to cooperate on criminal matters.
12. India and Laos have inked two key Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) on Air services and Quick Impact Projects
under the Mekong-Ganga Cooperation (MGC) programme to strengthen bilateral ties between the two nations.
13. Union Cabinet approves MoU with Cambodia for cooperation in tourism.
14. India and Nepal signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for constructing a Petroleum Product Pipeline which
will be built from Raxaul in India to Amlekhgunj in Nepal.
15. India and Australia signed an agreement on cooperation in the fields of education, training and research.
16. India and World Bank signed Financing Agreement for assistance of 250 million US dollars for Andhra Pradesh
Disaster Recovery Project.
17. India and Canada signed an agreement in the field of Civil Aviation. 18. India, Egypt signed two MoUs to deepen bilateral cooperation.
Cooperation in the field of Tourism
MoU on scientific and technical Cooperation
19. The Union Cabinet approved signing of the agreement between India and Afghanistan on legal and judicial
cooperation in civil and commercial matters for the service of summons, judicial documents, commissions, execution of
judgements and arbitral awards.
20. Pakistan and Russia signed a landmark defence agreement that includes the sale of four Mi-35 Hind E attack
helicopters to Pakistan.
21. India and Bangladesh signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to tackle the menace of fake Indian currency
notes (FICN) smuggling.
22. India, Mozambique signed MoU to boost ties in Renewable Energy Sector.
23. Canada has agreed to supply 3,000 metric tonnes of uranium to India under a $254 million five- yeardeal to power
Indian atomic reactors. Canada’s Cameco Corporation will supply uranium to India for the next five years starting from this year.
India and China agreed to maintain peace and tranquillity at the Line of Actual Control (LAC). The decision was taken
in a meeting between Union Defence Minister ManoharParrikar and General Fan Changlong, Vice- Chairman of
China’s powerful Central Military Commission (CMC) in New Delhi.
25. India and Bangladesh signed the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). This was done for bring into effect the
Agreement on Coastal Shipping between both countries.
26. India inked MoUs with 6 countries namely Oman, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Ethiopia, Finland, Sweden, Norway and
Denmark in the field of International Civil Aviation Negotiations (ICAN). They were signed by Indian delegation
representing Union Ministry of Civil Aviation in the International Civil Aviation Negotiations (ICAN) 2015 conference.
27. India and Indonesia signed MoUsenergy and culture exchange. The 2 MoUs were New and Renewable Energy Sector
and Cultural Exchange Programme for 3 years.
28. Union Cabinet approved to sign MoU between India and Colombia to strengthen their cooperation in the field of Tourism.
29. Union Cabinet approved to sign MoU with Belgium for cooperation in development of new and renewable energy technologies.
30. Union Government signed a 273 million dollar loan agreement with the Asian Development Bank(ADB) to improve rural roads in 5 Indian states.
31. India and the United Kingdom has announced deals worth £9 billion as they signed a civil nuclear
pact and decided to
collaborate in the field of defence and cyber security besides launching a railway rupee bond. 32. Union Cabinet approved Tripartite Agreement on the IBSA (India, Brazil & South Africa) Fund.
2004 – IBSA fund for
the Alleviation of Poverty and Hunger was set up by the 3 member countries for South-South cooperation. Each
member country will contribute 1 million US dollars annually for the fund.
33. Union Cabinet approved the MoU signed between India and Vietnam. Aim of MoU – to promote
between Vietnam and India through joint activities in the areas of Animal Health.
34. Rajasthan and South Australia signed the Sister-State Agreement. Objective – to boost export and
opportunities between the 2 states.
35. Indian Railways have take n another step in line with Make in India initiative of Government of
India by signing the
Assured Off Take Agreements (AOT) with SAIL-RITES Bengal Wagon Industry Pvt. Ltd. (SRBWIPL) for manufacture &
rehabilitation of wagons at Kulti, West Bengal. Total worth of this Joint Venture is about Rs. 2,500 Crores.
36. Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC) signed
a MoU. Objective – To promote further development of economic links and cooperation between the two neighbouring countries.
37. Union Cabinet approved to sign a MoU between India and Iran on visa facilitation for Diplomatic, Official/Service and
Ordinary passport holders.
38. Union Cabinet has approved Double Taxation Avoidance Convention (DTAC) agreement with Japan. Aim: To
avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income. 39. India and United Kingdom has launched a joint initiative 2016: UK-INDIA Year of Education and Research in New Delhi.
40. India and Japan has signed MoU on peaceful use of nuclear energy. Aim: to take the civil nuclear deal forward.
41. IRCTC partners Paytm for food payments through e-Catering to enable railway passengers to order food, IRCTC
sends an email to passengers one day in advance about food order
42. The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval to a MoU signed between India
and BRICS Countries for energy conservation
43. Meghalaya government has signed a peace pact with yet another militant outfit, the United Achik Liberation Army
(UALA) which was active in the Garo Hills region of the state.